Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Do you know that when Jesus said " Except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom of Heaven." he was not saying that you must keep the law better than them.

Romans 10:9-10 teach righteousness and faith are synonyms. In Hebrews 3:18-19 we discover disobedience is synonymous with unbelief. The Pharisees didn't obey the Law any more than the "Christians" today obey the New Testament instructions. If we believe God's Word in His New Testament we obey It. If we don't then we talk about trying to figure out what God was trying to say. God doesn't try. He is Infinite. He spoke What He wanted. It is our love for Him that drives us to obey the New Testament.

You are not saved by obedience. It is by grace that you are saved through faith. If you think you will get to heaven because you are better at obeying you are a sad pitiful case. The only way that your righteousness will ever be enough is if it is his righteousness. You don't get to heaven based on your righteousness or on your obedience. You get to heaven based on Jesus's righteousness and on Jesus's obedience,and your faith in him binds you to him,so much so that you are one spirit with him. (1Cor.6:17) That is the only way to heaven!

As for obedience,I do not strive to obey the new testament.I only listen and do what he says,but yes,it is out of love. He said he would write his laws in my heart and he said his spirit would lead and guide me. Haven't you read that part? Were you too busy making sure you knew all the commandments so you could obey them?