Originally Posted by Redneck

IMHO HD should concentrate on what they do best - and stay away from any such electric bike..

Agreed. The goose that laid the golden egg, our generation, is passing away, meanwhile I feel for all the dealers who were compelled to invest in those friggin’ Harley superstores.

In the eyes of the public Harleys ironically have become “old fat guy bikes”, if they can keep their roots alive, eventually they will be rediscovered.

Right now when I step into a Harley mall I see Sportsters and “Streets”, both too small for all-day passengers, then it jumps up to friggin 800+lb motorized sofas that most folks couldn’t pick up by themselves if they fell over. I wish there were a range of bikes in between.

Most damning in my mind tho is that the dealerships will not work on bikes over a certain age, proof-positive IMHO that Harley has lost its soul.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744