Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

What happened to your sedan with AC?

Ya know, if you leave for work on a beautiful morning in your compact sedan, it really doesn’t matter if you neglected to check the weather forecast that day. Because if it’s gusting to 50mph and 40 degrees out with cold, heavy rain when you get off work, it really ain’t that big a deal.
(that used to happen to me about twice a year, still does on my bicycle grin )

On the topic of auto theft, San Antonio used to be notorious, prob’ly nothing like the Harley theft rate, but bad. The way I understood it, a teenage punk could steal a car, drive 150 miles down the interstate to Nuevo Laredo, take the bus back, and make $400 in an afternoon.

A few years back a pawn shop guy in Laredo told me the that things had gotten so bad across the river that it was no longer safe for car thieves to deliver cars there themselves, instead they had to pay guys to actually drive those cars across the Border, cutting down on profits.

I dunno how bad car theft is here at present, I expect all the electronics we have now complicate the theft process quite a bit.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744