Nope, it’s true, most Harley OWNERS don’t ride much, hence the current plethora of low mileage used Harleys.

The years when I lived off my motorcycle were ‘84 through about ‘96, no car, just a motorcycle, about 250,000 miles.

Back then I rode too fast for Harleys and besides, they got ripped off so much you couldn’t just leave one parked anywhere, which was problematic when it was your only ride.

The influx of low-mileage “Yuppie Scum” riders began after the introduction of the Evo motor when in one stroke Harleys went from being maintenance and repair intensive to being one of the most reliable, durable, trouble-free bikes around.

At bars I’d have just rode in from Utah or wherever and get scoffed at by fat Harley guys who mostly rode to the nearest bar once or twice a week.

Beyond all of them, who are now dying off, there prob’ly still remains the committed core group of Harley faithful. Who put miles and miles on their bikes.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744