Another episode to invite disbelief. To put this in context the houses on my street are only about 20 feet apart, it’s about 30 ft from my front door to the sidewalk.

Around 9:30 my ex calls me to ask me to go check on her 84yo mom who ain’t been answering her phone all day, I’m in the middle of cleaning the No 4 Enfield. Ex-MIL lives only a 5 minute drive away and is a nice old lady so I drive over and she’s fine.

Since I’m out anyway I decide on impulse to see a late movie at the dollar movies; Cold Pursuit w/Liam Neilson.

Just rolled home at 1:15 am to find my front door wide open, lights inside on, inside clearly visible from the street. What happened is,if ya dont care with my front door it doesnt latch properly. Running out the door, expecting to be right back, I had not closed it properly.

My door had been wide open for going on four hours on a Friday night, empty house. Car gone from the driveway, me clearly not home.

Nothing inside was touched. Enfield still standing in a corner. Pretty much the way it’s been here for the past 20 years.

So I dunno if I live in a bad neighborhood or not.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744