Originally Posted by deflave
You can stop trying.

You're full of schit.

I was prob’ly wrong on a whole week with a flat before a HOA letter where you live, I’d guess a week before the tow truck arrives.

OK, another recent episode from my neighborhood, only the names have been changed.....

I don’t really work for a living but it ain’t uncommon for me to not really work until way late. At night I ride my bicycle without lights so as not to attract attention. So anyways I turn the corner to my street and there’s Roberto, wrenching on his mom’s truck.

Twenty years back Roberto was the punk kid who poisoned the guy down the street’s three dogs so he could break into his car and steal the sound system. The guy with the dogs found out who and serverely beat young Roberto.

Unfortunately the dog guy was on probation for DWIs and got sent to jail, whereupon his wife left him and took the kids. This was a shame as we all liked dog guy, he was an honest roofer/remodeled who did good work.

Twenty years later Roberto, now divorced with a kid,is a decent-enough guy. Works construction, works the oilfield, whatever he can find. The big news he shared that night is that there was a big police raid down the next street, six or more Cop cars at a house, looking for Stevie. Stevie is a thirty-something drug-dealing ex-Con who nobody likes. Now Roberto, like everybody else, was glad to see Stevie maybe gone, but would never turn him in.

Two houses down from Stevie and his dad lives a nice family. Their oldest son recently competed in State-level academic competition (with a project he got from me, natch cool ) and is one of those naturally gifted kids and a fine young man.

I asked that kid the next day about the Cops and he said he had seen Stevie sprinting off down the street moments before the Cops arrived. Some of the Cops were plain-clothed. They knocked on the kid’s front door and asked if they could search the house for Stevie, his mom let them in and they searched the house. No Stevie of course. Neither did the kid say anything about Stevie.

It speaks volumes tho that the family would let the Cops in, good family, nothing to hide at all.

No news of Stevie, possibly if the Cops had all that on him they picked him up somewhere else.

Ain’t you coming to Texas? this is all easily verifiable.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744