logan is a cute little town, I recommend going on the north side of town. OR on the other side of the mountain in an area like tremonton, probably what I would pick if considering the area. it will not be as cold there. Logan does get quite a bit colder than the salt lake area. I also hear the winter air can be more polluted up there. Tikka is more south, Price area down that way. That area is more remote I would say than where you are thinking, not a bad area at all, if more remote ness is your goal. It really depends on how much cold you can handle. IF you can handle a greater amount. I would actually consider over the border to evanston wyoming.

Utah isn't a conservative state financially. although most around here think we are because they always vote for the guy with an R next to their name. In reality our legislature has raised taxes every year since 2012 despite having budget surpluses in those years. You see spending all the surplus wasn't enough. We are only conservative on social issues. You will see a big increase in gun rights, here. but for me wyoming seems attractive, no state income tax, and every time we turn around they keep raising taxes for schools, its for the children don't you know. If I could find an area in wyoming that wasn't so cold and windy and isn't an insane drive to get to airports and civilization I would actually pick that. wyoming will be the freest state the longest out of the states in the general area.

another area I might consider is Reno, its got similar climate to salt lake area. NO STATE INCOME TAX like wyoming. lots of interesting places. where I want to retire has been on my mind quite a bit even though its a long time off for me. I honestly don't know where I want to end up. Other than I am free, and without my taxes being jacked up every year.