State income tax in Idaho is over 7% and sales tax is 6% on pretty much everything. I live about 3 miles from Rigby and property tax on my new home is about 1% a year with a home owners deduction for about the first 100K.

The tax appraisals went up quite a bit again this year but still seem to be a ways below current market value. My new neighbors across the street are from California. They were just commenting on how they can't believe they have yet to hear a police siren.

I'll pay a bit over 3k in property tax this year but my home is worth over 500k. Tax is a lot less in Rigby than it was for me in Rexburg. Rexburg was about 1.6% after the exemption and they had my appraisal above market there but I was in town.

Rigby isn't too bad. The house next to me is for sell. It's the smallest and probably oldest home on the block. Its maybe 3100' on an acre for about $315,000. Your property tax would probably be less than 2k per year on it. Home prices seem to have finally quit climbing and may even be dropping. This spring stuff was going usually in a week with some bidding wars. Stuff seems like it's really slowed all the sudden.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/18/19.