Logan and the Cache Valley are great spots.

Utah State University is a very fine school, with a very reasonable price tag, if your daughters want to go to school there.

It's higher elevation than where I live, so it's colder in winter. It's harder to grow tomatoes there, but it can be done.

The North end of the valley, Smithfield on up, is very pretty and puts you close to good turkey hunting. Eden is a beautiful small town on the south end of the valley.

Don't believe the nonsense about being socially excluded. The recipe is simple: Make the first move Have a visit with you ward's Bishop. Explain that you don't have the slightest interest in becoming members, and don't want visitors, but you would like to socialize. Your family will then get invited to the 4th of July breakfast, the Christmas party, and the (many) other social events. Your daughters will be invited to Girl's Camp in summer. My next door neighbors are wonderful Baptists, and their kids are in and out of my house and yard all summer, and I make it a point to be sure the mom and dad are invited to social events. So far, they don't have a snow blower so I usually do their walks and driveway when I do mine.

Logan gives you good access to Bear Lake, which is a big summer recreation spot. Of course, there is Bear River, the Upper Provo, and good access to Mirror Lake and some really beautiful high country surrounding it.

Farther south, Payson has a nice climate, good access to Payson Lakes, and good access to Provo for more shopping. Price is a coal mining town, to the east, and that revenue source is drying up, so the town's economic base is going away. Mt. Pleasant, Ephriam, and Manti are sweet spots with Manti LaSal National Forest just to the east, but they don't have the population to support major medical facilities or shopping centers.

St George is the banana belt. It's hot there right now, but in November the extra warmth is appreciated. If you can get a house that buys electricity from Dixie Power, your air conditioning bill will be very reasonable. During the Civil War, cotton supplies were disrupted,, so they were growing and weaving cotton there.

Last edited by denton; 08/18/19.

Be not weary in well doing.