Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Valsdad
BGG,

I'm aware. I lived near and hunted and fished in the Allegheny NF in NW PA. (one of the few darker spots in the Eastern part of that pic). Lots of other cool places back east also.

I'm also aware of all those lights and what they're associated with.............................people.

Pretty dark looking in NW MT........................you enjoy that I guess?

I didn't move here by accident. smile

Just saying, it's not all cities and ghettoes back east.

I figured the bold part out a long time ago wink

You're right, it's not ALL bad back there. Matter of fact if things had gone differently I might be in N Arkansas now if my wife would have agreed to moving back east 10-12 years ago. I'd have gone by myself if I'd have gone. Was willing to take a downgrade at work in order to take advantage of the lower cost of living and way more hunting opportunities for deer and turkeys and such (not much in the way of elk, sheep, bison etc there though). But, she put her foot down on staying west of the Rockies to be closer to Mom.

I'd have to have access to a large National Forest though. 5000, 10000 acre parcels of State and Private ( like timber company) hunting lands are called wheat fields and pastures out here. Walk across them in an afternoon of hunting. grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?