Originally Posted by Hastings
Your daughters will be social outsiders if they are not Mormon. That is a bad situation for teenage girls. Uprooting teenage girls from their friends is traumatic at best. When I was a kid we lived in NW Utah from 1962 to 1967 so maybe things have changed.

Things have changed..... some.

Mormons still stick together, have their own scout troops, and will generally have their social structure built around their church. Kids will sometimes deliberately reach out, "make friends" with gentiles, and then drop the friend like a hot potato when their proselytizing attempt falls on deaf ears.

It CAN be tough on a teen to have the coach bench them in favor of a fellow church member with less abilities. It can be tough on kids to lose friends (that weren't real friends). Then again, those are pretty decent life lessons. Logan IS largely Mormon, as high as 80%, with much of the rest catholic (Mexican). It's a concern, but I live and work behind the Zion curtain, and have no problem with it.

Ranger, Logan is a really, really nice little town, and all this talk about winters is bull. Come up river an hour to Grace where I farm, and I'll show you winter! Logan will have snow cover for less than 30 days a year, generally.

Another town to look at is Pocatello. Similar climate to Logan, university town, good schools, and the LDS percentage is less than 50% of Logan. Housing prices shot up 20% this year, but still very reasonable by Vacaville standards. Fishing on the Snake (Trout, smallies), Bear River (walleye, trout, smallies), American Falls Reservoir, or up into the Teton and Henry's Forks and hang out with the fly-fishing snobs....

Sic Semper Tyrannis