I lived in a hotel working in Logan 5 days a week for the last half of 2018. Heading back on Labor Day as a kickoff to another several month project. If I didn’t have family ties in KS/MO, Logan area would be on my short list, or at least all of Cache Valley.

Yes it is full of Mormons. They’re nice people. Nobody pushed their views on me. I didn’t push my views on them. Works out well.

I liked Cache Valley more than the west side of the mountain (Brigham City, Ogden) because everything was more green versus desert like. Irrigated alfalfa makes it green I guess. I first went to Logan in 2004. 15 years later the growth has been crazy. Lots of new sub divisions sharing fence lines with old established dairy farms. Sub divisions will eventually win out for total valley control, just a matter of time.

Logan doesn’t have Smith & Edwards, where Ogden does. It’s worth your stop there just to say you’ve been to an “army surplus/hardware/gun/fly fishing/housewares/farm/ranch/clothing store.”

Saw one of the biggest muleys in my life driving to the airport one morning in the canyon south of Logan. Skylined in the top of a hill with sun coming up behind him. Would have s loved a good camera with good lens right then.

Saw lots of turkeys and a few pheasants around the outskirts of town. Hiking in the hills east of town flushed a few grouse. Coworkers know the elk hot spots but they’re tight lipped as expected.

Eating establishments were enough for us to find variety 4 or 5 nights a week for 6 months. But that’s coming from a rural area where a Texas Roadhouse is s higher end restaurant.

Housing costs are high for me, but anything is high after living in SWMO. Coming from California they’ll likely be cheap...