I would give considerable consideration to whatever change you make on how this change would effect your kids. If they don't adjust well for whatever reason, lots of the reasons you will be moving to the place will be overtaken by what your kids will be going through.

I grew up in a Mormon town. I am not Mormon. As a group, they are a friendly, nice, and have many positive traits. But you will be forever an outsider. You will feel it. And while being an adult and a veteran, you surely have developed thick skin by now. You will be fine. But your kids on the other hand haven't. Especially being daughters and girls really need to fit into the "crowd" more than boys do. They will feel being an outsider much more than you will. And they haven't developed the skills to deal with it. That was my experience.

My sister and her family lived in SLC for years but left there because of this very reason. Her daughter really felt it. My sister likened living there to be a minority living in a place that is overwhelmingly a closed society.

My daughter lived in SLC for last summer as she was out of college for the summer. She lived with my brother in law and his family. She too felt feeling like an outsider in SLC. She opted not to go back this summer.

But Utah is a beautiful place. That is for sure.

By the way, Snowflake was settled by Mormons. It is still a Mormon community. They have a Mormon Temple there.

I have family all over the west. Traveled and spent much time in all the places mentioned above.

If I were you, but with not knowing your career and financial picture which in itself could be a huge factor, if I had to place a finger on a map for you of the places mentioned above, it would be Pocatello or Idaho Falls.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

Sorry if I have offended anyone regarding my comments regarding the Mormon religion.

Last edited by flagstaff; 08/18/19.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad