Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gunner,

Would greatly appreciate your field results with the .500s and .577s!

LOL, have been to Africa twice and didn't take either. crazy

I have shot two deer with the 570gr and 750gr TSX's, no test at all, completely wrecked the animals, that said, I went from mild to wild in my bullet testing media here at the farm, with hard packed glossy Wife mags stacked tight in a box loaded with random cow bones, the TSX's never failed to penetrate and expand from either double.

I used dry, and then wet, went high velocity and loaded down, they always worked, not knocking another bullet company, but, I used the 570gr Hornadys and Woodleighs in the 500 and 750gr Woodleighs in the 577, with the 570 Hornadys I saw a wrecked bullet, it had copper, lead and steel exposed, on it's slow vel test it didn't expand at all, the Woodleighs expanded some running slow, and shirt buttoned when ran high [2175fps 500 Nitro] into the bone and hard mags.

The big test came from the 570gr TSX's, I had machine shop Bud draw down a dozen to 505 inch, loaded them up to 2500+ fps in my Gibbs bolt rifle and slammed them into the hard box with bones, some of the petals were rounded off, but a definite X pattern was still visible, the drawn down Woodleighs were flattened much worse.

High to low, hard to soft nothing compared to the Barnes' in my doubles, a 750gr TSX was fired lengthways into a 55 gallon steel drum filled with water with a banded lid, the bullet pulled the threads on the small threaded filler lid, it came dancing back by me on the right from 25 yards out, blew the main lid, split the drum at the seam, had a very large dog knot knocked in the bottom of the drum, nearly made it out, the displacement pressure has to be seen to be believed, I can imagine similar on the insides of a large animal.

I have massive faith in the 50 and 577 cal TSX's, even running at or just over 2000 fps.

Trump Won!