I remember GregW telling me about his Swaro CS problems. I 100% believe him, as I totally trust him and his experiences. I have no reason to doubt you either OP. I've had Swaro bino's for years, and currently use a 10x50SV. I have dropped mine in the sand a couple of times over the past several years, and have sent them back to Swaro to clean the sand out of the moving parts twice during that time. They've never charged me anything, and they come back as new. That is the puzzling thing after hearing you guy's bad CS stories.

Irfubar, if in your shoes I'd be pissed too, big time. Also, to attempt to answer your question, If it were me I'd start over with Meopta Meostar HD's, mainly because they are so superbly built I don 't think you could tear one up even if you tried. I love the Toric's I had, but I did send them back once for fixing the eyecups that wouldn't stay up. Superb optics though.

If you're after usable optics, backed by companies that absolutely will take care of any problems no matter what, a guy is left choosing between Athlon, Vortex, Leupold, or maybe another I can't think of right now.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.