Originally Posted by Beaver10

Question to GregW:
What’s your feelings on build strength of the MeoStar bins? Glass I know is excellent. I’m asking for your impressions on ruggedness of the internals and housing protection.

😎

Just finished Year 2 with 12x and 15x Meopta averaging about 60-80 days in the field a year, each. I'm on Year 4 I think of the S2. No failures thus far on bins. They have been treated just like the Swaro 15x failures I have had, 3 in the past 5 years. Padded case in pack, to tripod, back to padded case. No fall events, no nothing but technicians observed impacts to the body of the bins not covered by warranty ( nothing visible to me on the outside until the interior fogged up), and a $500 bill every other year on average.

I've used the Meopta warranty 1 time in 4 years and it's not been their bins. After an epic hunt in the dust storms of caliche dust NM, (ehh Clint) I had my 82mm S2 power knob spin in circles. Nice Meopta lady said send the whole thing in. I did. 7 days later I called to see if they received it/status update, the same nice lady said I should be in receipt of a package the next day or so. I was. It was a brand new eyepiece and body. The body wasn't messed up, it was just scratched and beat to piss. I got free of charge a new eyepiece and body, no questions asked. This was 3 years ago. This is my only experience with Meopta CS. But it was pretty good. Just sharing my experiences.

YMMV...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.