Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by WAM
I like good optics as much as the next guy and trust Doug to steer me in the right direction for things that I’m not sure of. He sold me Leica binos and a Leica Visus scope that I’m very satisfied with and it didn’t hurt that they were on sale. I have a Leica 1000-R rangefinder that I’ve had for 7 years (?) that has served me well. I’ve also never ever had a Burris product fail and I have several. Kahles is pretty spiffy glass, too. They fixed a sticking power ring for free on an older Helia C although it had to go back to Austria for repair. I only paid shipping and insurance to the US facility. Everyone that I know (small sample) that has Swarovski optics has been uber satisfied so far. I think sometimes we tend to attempt to pick the fly schit out of the pepper. Happy Trails

Dude, Can’t you read? Your post is like someone who ambled into traffic and fell down, on purpose, just begging to get hit....

We have a disagreement taking place about Swaro CS only...Sheesh!

😬😜😎

Right Beav.... for a minute I thought maybe Hanco hi-jacked WAM's account.... smile just kidding guys....

My whole point that I have been trying to communicate in this thread (and not doing it well) is , what about the working guy with a young family, mortgage etc.?.. saves his lunch money to get a pair of famous Swarovski binoculars, he can't swing the new cost so he opts for used believing he will have the best and be taken care of...... only to find out he fell for marketing hype and alpincricks fanboy club bullshit? And his dream bino's are half of what he thought they would be..... and to ad insult to injury , due to change in warranty policy his bino's have lost much of their resale value.....

I understand why a company in today's competitive market would have a hard time maintaining lifetime warranty, hell they have been in business forever and must have a mountain of repairs to do every day.
Cuts into the bottom line for sure. Also understand how a European company , due to high tax's labor etc.... has a hard time competing with Asian markets.... but I believe the fact is Swarovski has created an image of being the best and charging top dollar because of it.

I also understand how the Asian suppliers can simply replace faulty optics rather than repair due to cost.

That being said, I also believe the mark up on an Alpha optic is huge.... as in big enough to warranty the over priced product they sell. Part of what you pay for is top service.

I am curious why alpinecrick is so emotionally invested in defending them?

Oh and by the way the fictional blue-color guy I referred to is not me...... I can afford the best..... so maybe Casey is right about something, i.e. I am whining....... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.