I have a pair of 7x42 SLC binos I bought in 1986 or so. New from Cabela's. Sent them in 4 years ago for a cleaning and got them back with a new lens on one side, new armor, even with a new nameplate. They were just like new binos and the cost was zero except I paid the shipping to send them in.

In reading this thread I wondered if part of this problem was being a second owner? I was told by the salesman at Cabela's that Swarovski would not honor warranty work if you were not the original owner and had registered them at the time of purchase by filling out and returning the registration form. I know you were able to register your used ones and I know that they don't warranty abused breakage. At the time I got mine, they had an identical pair in the bargain cave for $200 off the then $1000 price tag but those had no registration card in the box. I went with the new ones simply to get the warranty.

Like some others my experience with Swarovski CS was great. They must have either changed the business model for CS or they have personnel who think these were damaged by some abuse. As someone else suggested just get them fixed for the $260 and sell them.