Mule Deer, .458Win, and Brian Pearce are the first authors I look for when opening a new Rifle or Handloader. That's not to say I don't enjoy the other contributers to those magazines as well. Mule Deer now has me buying Sports Afield; I need a subscription. I would suggest any cheap shots taken by other authors were motivated by a bit of jealousy, or misdirected sense of competition. I have seen the same vitriol directed at Jack O'Connor....I think his popularity rankled other authors, perhaps even to this day, more than many would admit. Before anyone turns purple, I also like and appreciate Keith's writings, and have books by both of them. As one poster said, if you can't entertain us, you won't last long. I'm easily entertained when it comes to guns and hunting, I love to read about them, and feel most (not all) writers can teach me something, even if I don't agree with them. I like to read the articles from people with more experience than I, who have a knack for keeping my interest with their wordsmithing skills.