Ross wrote on some interesting topics. I noted he was not above disagreeing with another staff writer about a choice of bullet. Similarily, he pooh poohed the use of a shooting aid as being a nuisance to carry. That aid seems to be a pet of the editor however. Conclusion: not a team player. Perhaps that's not what the real problem was but he was quite opinionated.

Mule Deer I enjoyed your latest Handloads That work article as it confirmed many of the powder/charge choices I have made in several cartridges. My 257 AI Rbts. just loves the 4350's and 115 Partition combination. Ken Waters frequently nailed the best powder choices down for a given cartridge and although his work has become a bit dated I still approach a lot of load development by seeing what Ken had to say.

We get pretty good info from the Rifles group although I must admit to being Doug Turnbulled and Fred Zeglined to death (not a criticism of their workmanship) and recently note some new product reviews that read like they were written by the factory rather than an independent reviewer.

I look forward to each new edition.