Bart,
I'm glad to see you here on the Campfire. My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting you at the NRA Meetings in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago. I bought your book from you and enjoyed it very much. Not to keep you in your Dad's shadow all the time but I have read and reread his books many times. I started reading his writings in about 1966 if I remember correctly. My favorite story was "Bustamonte I Hate You!". I also enjoy your "Down on the Border" column very much. I also got to meet Joaquin Jackson (I couldn't believe how tall he was!) in Pittsburgh. I must say that both of you were very gracious to us as strangers.

There will never be another Skeeter but I think you are able to fill that void he left. I missed him so much the first couple of years that it hurt. I was so glad when you started writing more articles. I hope your Mother is doing well.

I tried to buy the pre-war Colt Woodsman in the auction of your Dad's guns but wasn't successful and I was really disappointed. I wanted something that belonged to him. I spent a couple of years on the Tex/Mex border at El Paso back in the late 60s and loved it. Your articles are the first I turn to when I get my magazine every month and then I read Jeff Cooper's page.

I think you will enjoy the interaction here on the Campfire. If this old West Virginia boy (actually not a boy at 57) can be of any service, please feel free to PM me.

Best Regards,
Bill