I started subscribing to Wolfe magazines because I was tried of the same old "in-depth," sugar coated, boring, thinly veiled product advertisement, what's the latest product, stories that I got in all the other magazines. Guys like Barsness, Ross, Ken, and so on had good stories that weren't always the same old predictable stuff. Regardless of why he is leaving the readers of Wolfe Publications have lost a good author. And while Ross may not have been "playing nice" with everyone, he had good stories. It is a sad day at Wolfe when Ross is lost and Al Miller, Stan (not going to try and spell it), and Brian (who is trying to recreate himself as Elmer Kieth) are still there. I really don't mean to insult those last 3 guys but their stuff belongs in G&A, Shooting Times, or Hunting.

Now for those of you complaining about Ross' stuff about old british, white smoke belching cannons. How are you going to like Venturino dressing up like a giant mountain man with an ancient lever gun or rolling block every issue. In fact it seems with Scovil's, Venturino's, and sometimes Brian's interests, the modern centerfire rifle loony may not have much of a home anymore at Wolfe Publications.

Keep up the good work Mule Deer I just got my latest Handloader and I'm trying to save your article so I don't read the good stuff first and then am left with the rest.