Some years ago, I called him since he was a reference for an Outfitter I wanted to hunt with. He gave me all the low down he had, yep and no and yea you will have a good time and he runs a good camp. He asked me what kind of rifle I was going to take, I told him that I was having a ULA Model 24 built and chambered for the 6.5 x 55 and a fixed 6 x 42 mm Leupold. Also it would be matte finnished and a 24 inch barrel. The whole conversation turned on a dime and we talked about rifles and loads for dam near an hour. I would love to share a hunting camp with him. My guess is that maybe he is just tired, people do get tired now and again. People who write, and it don't matter much if its novels, tech books or what have you every now and again get writers block. Ross had a good one in the last Rifle about of all things Original un screwed up Martinis from Nepal. Ross is a anglophile and he makes no bones about it. In the same issue, you could read about Mule Deer's 416's not that Ross did not write about them, 9.3 's from Chub Eastman and a simple bit of writing about how to determine if you are a Rifle Loon. Never mind about a scope that you can take photographs with! September 2004 was a very good issue of Rifle. Well I will miss not seeing Ross in Rifle and Handloader, that dose not mean I will stop reading.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov