mike, Of course there is no requirement to verify anything a writer says but when someone advertises themselves as an expert with X amount of experience it is not unreasonable to ask about it. Ross's shooting skills are well documented and I am sure that if anyone questioned them he would be more than willing to show them. Probably for $$.
I simply asked about his much touted African guiding experiences. I have no doubt he hunted in Africa and has much more experience than my paltry amount. He claims to have been a PH for ten years yet no one seems to have any information or verification of it - which would lead any logical person to wonder ?
Possibly I'm acting like my friends who served in the Navy Seals, Special Forces and Smoke Jumpers do when they are told that someone claims to have done the same. Since they are proud of what they have done and are always interested in someone else with similiar experiences they ask a few simple questions in order to establish when and where but when details are not forthcoming they start asking more pointed questions.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.