� I haven't read Seyfried � don't get the magazines that he wrote for.

� My understanding has always been that he's an able writer who knows whereof he writes, well regarded by his readers and by the writers who know him. (I don't know him.)

� Just after I'd published Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges, we ran into each other at the SHOT Show. He lit into me like I'd stolen his wallet or worse. Obviously very angry, he demanded to know why in *&^%$#@! I'd given credit for some cartridge or other (he didn't say which) to a later "originator" instead of to the person who'd designed an earlier version of it. I replied that I'd simply used the reliable data that I'd been able to get and hadn't used any hearsay dimensions or unsubstantiated rumors.

"Have you seen the book?" I asked (knowing that he hadn't gotten a copy from me). He looked surprised by the question.

"No."

� I know nothing more about the man � neither better nor worse � certainly nothing of his current situation or what's next for him.

� And I have no opinion of him. One isolated incident with no enlightening background tells little or nothing of the fullness of a man's personality or worth. Our sole meeting could equally well be typical or unusual.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.