I subscribed to Rifle, Handloader and Successful Hunter initially for the Ross Seyfried articles. I have developed a tremendous interest in old rifles and how to load for them in the last few years. Ross' articles were great - always informative and "fun." I even wrote him once about a rifle I had in .375 2 1/2" flanged express and he sent me back a real nice letter with all the load data he knew about. He was (and is) a straight shooter. I will miss him.

My subscription is up for these magazines and I'm going to think hard about whether I want to keep getting them - not that there weren't other articles that I enjoyed by other writers, but none as much as Ross'. I looked forward to them every issue.

I have read Venturino, and he's pretty good, but he seems to be limited to American arms, mostly of the 19th century. I'm all for hunting with old lever actions or big Sharps but I have a feeling all the great British and Continental firearms from the same time period and into the 20th century will never be considered again.

John

It ain't like it used to be but it'll do.