Most of the popular gunwriters are hacks. It's hard not to be when there is only a limited amount of material that can be covered. This is especially true when there are a lot more people interested in 45 vs. 9mm than there are in reloading for an original Martini-Henry. Repetition is a given and there are some who just can't "hack" it, seein's how they are into being on the cutting-edge and always being original. It is my opinion that these writers burn out quickest, which brings me to my point. Sooner or later, everybody runs out of something to say. Repetition isn't a bad thing, even if some can't bring themselves to do much of it. This is because there are new persons to the shooting world every day. Also because there are always suckers like myself who will read every last article on the 44 Mag., etc. So hacks are needed. Being a hack is not a bad thing, and I ain't accusing RS or anybody else of it...just saying that sooner or later, everybody runs out of stuff to say. Those who remain the longest regurgitate in the best and most interesting ways.