Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by stxhunter
seen it happen twice. one on one.

Not doubting your word. Just questioning the temperment of the Rotts.

when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

I have friends and acquaintances in another state. They have very good, close knowledge of the underground dog fighting circle. The fights are all pit bull -vs- pit bull. The one (closest) friend also is a Rott breeder. He produces pups that are of the VERY highest quality and the vast majority of them go to be service dogs. We have one of his pups........a 2 year old male that goes right around 110 lbs and has the "alpha male" temperament. He's not done bulking yet.

Anyhoo............. Me and him were talking one day and I really don't know the exact lead up to this quote.........but this is exactly what he said to me.......... " I know pit bulls. They ain't a pit bull in this state stand a chance against one of these Rotts".

Just passing on what I was told by a man intimately knowledgeable to both sides. Mine has never had to right a pit bull. But I would NOT put my $$ on the pit bull if it happened.

Just remember,

it ain't the dog in the fight..............

it's the fight in the dog.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?