Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone has experience or first hand knowledge if OC spray will stop a Pit before it latches on to another dog?

Wife carries spray just for this reason...I got her a Gunfighters Inc chest holster for her Glock 17 so she could defend herself and our mutt from an attack.

She’s a total chic insert (dumb) when she says it’s easier to grab OC spray and hit the trails than putting on her holster.

Done fighting with her about it...If I’m walking the dog alone or with the wife, I’m carrying a Glock 20 in the same holster - no spray.

😎

Beaver,

I have no first hand experience with OC and canines. But, several years ago I read an interesting research paper that was done on the effectiveness of pepper spray on canines, and from what I remember it was mostly effective. However, on a certain percentage of dogs, it caused even higher levels of aggression. If I recall correctly, the study claimed that pit bulls were more likely to go into a rage when sprayed than other breeds.

I'd imagine that research paper is still floating around, if you were inclined to search for it.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 05/25/20.