Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I just got a call from a good friend, he and his dog were attacked by a pit bull today. He was taken by ambulance to a major trauma center here, bypassing two other hospitals. He said he's OK but feels like there is some serious damage to his one arm, at a minimum. He may have been in shock when he called.

His son has taken the dog to an emergency vet. The dog was in tough shape and was just spayed this past week.

He asked me to give him a ride home from the hospital when he's all bandaged up.........

Quick follow up.......I picked my buddy up at the hospital around midnight last night. His left hand was swollen and wrapped up due to deep puncture wounds. They are assuming the dog did not have rabies inoculations and are treating him and his dog accordingly. The dog had $700 worth of attention last night, I thought that was reasonable and expected worse. Stitches in multiple areas, xrays and shots I assume?

When I picked my buddy up I could tell he was still really shook by the entire thing. He's no outdoorsman at all, pretty clueless about a lot of things regarding such matters but still a great old friend. I think myself and most here would have figured out away to kill that [bleep] pitbull.......

Tomorrow he'll be in touch with his county health department, primary doctor and homeowners insurance company.