Originally Posted by deflave
Anybody that rides around town with two Heelers off leash is a fugking moron.

I'd leave 'em sitting outside stores too, with the bicycle, never more than a few minutes tho, and only where I could look out the window.

One time I was running just the bigger one by herself and she was ahead of me on the sidewalk, a dog guy says "if you're chasing her it ain't working". Those two dogs would respond to quiet hisses to return to heel and finger snaps to sit. So I hissed and the dog turned on a dime, snapped my fingers and she sat next to the bike. One thing I could never her to do by herself tho was remain in place while I rode away from her. The smaller one would do that, and both would if I was on foot.

Both dogs eventually got too old for it..... eventually died at home.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I have their ashes, my aunt had her own ashes scattered with those of her beloved newfie/lab mutt. I thought about doing the same with these two but that seems like a burden to lay upon my son, doesn't really matter anyhow.

My present heeler is hardly ever on a leash either, she will run at heel alongside a bike the same way she walks at heel, but she ain't steady enough to run next to a bike around traffic. No trouble at all to hike with tho...

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744