Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by gemby58
Had one of my hounds attacked by a pit bull 2 weeks ago, dog went through the screen door while walking my dog with one thing in his mind, my dog. He came out and bit onto my dogs back hams and wouldnt let go untill I drop kicked the SOB in the throat, then he staggered off turned around and I fogged him down with a 10 second burst of bear mace, that ended it, next would have been the sig 220, anti pitbull suppressor. Owner ended up paying the $241 vet bill for my dog. Biggest problem now is that dog attack once and more likely again, might be a kid next time

Another pit discouraged with bear spray, with the three I did with it makes four. Only problem with mine is, since they never actually made contact, how intent they REALLY were remains unknown. They sure LOOKED serious tho. But in ten years walking/running my dogs through bad neighborhoods they never got bit, 'cept briefly by that one rot that snuck up from behind.

I will say this, I not infrequently ran into loose pit bulls, and even most of these were turned back with me shouting and posturing.

Bear spray ain't a substitute for deadly force, but I'm glad this tool was available tho.

That's the best thing about spray.

You never have to find out the dog or bear's intent.

In my case it was a white pit and after getting hosed with bear made he was orange till the ower scrubbed it off, the dye must be like the dye that's used in dye packs in money it stays on to it wears off