Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose. ...

What is that purpose and do you use them for it?

They keep toothy critters on the other side of the fence. I've chickens, and horses and house dogs. Any or all of which can/do bring in bear of both flavors, wolves, etc. These guys keep them away. Mine run loose on 10 acres. They are bred for livestock protection, not to look pretty, or sit pretty for the queer at the dog show. Kissing cousins to Ovcharkas etc. There is some variation among the breeds, some (like Kangals) having a reputation for getting people aggressive. Mine are not, though it did get sideways with my male once, my fault for not understanding the breed. I don't care how badass and young dumb and full of puzzyjuice a guy is, the prospect of going toe to toe unarmed with one of these guys if they get nasty is not an idea to be entertained lightly. They are different and respond different to stimuli than your regular pet dog. Not an eggspurt or pretend to be. But I have done a ton of research after getting mine. And no, I am in no way saying I have badazz dogs. I have furry retards that I am rather fond of that have a job and do it well, and love damn near every stranger that they meet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MAGA