Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have never owned another heeler. It just would not be fair to the dog, as I have not had the work for him to do.

Pretty much describes the heeler I have now. The two I had were actually heeler mutts, the best one a heeler/sheepdog type mutt, the second a cross between a heeler and a stumpy tailed cattle dog (a sort of longer-legged heeler). Good dogs but without the fanaticism of the one I have now.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Buying her was planned as my previous two were getting long in the tooth, and a big part of the reason for having dogs was as a burglary deterrent.

Little did I know at the time but as it turned out the missus up and left a couple of years later. It was sorta OK with two people in the house but just me weren't home enough.

Then outta boredom I suppose she became progressively more aggressive with the aging dogs, had to keep 'em separated. Same has turned out to be true with the two little stray mutts I took in. So, she has spent most of her life out in the backyard.

If I woulda known how things were gonna turn out back then I never would have got her.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744