Sorry to hear about this.

As for pits and other dogs here on the farm.
I live 7 miles from any town and the closest neighbor is a 1/2 mile.

To the south one side of the road has several pits and the west has a bunch of mixed dogs most large.

To the north about 1/8 mile new one has some large dogs and yesterday a pit.

The last few weeks has been pepper the dogs with some bird shot and hope they get the idea that they are not wanted at my house.

Yesterday i had the 3 dogs from the north show up at the barn and they growled at me and bared teeth.

The only shotgun handy was the savage model 34 20 gauge so the pit got a load in the butt and they all ran home.

Talked to the owner today and told him i did not care what type of dog he had as long as they were kept off my place.

I also told him this was the third time they had been here and the next time they would not be coming home.

I think he got the idea.

Today 4 more dogs showed up while i was walking to the house from the shop and they also got the 12 gauge warning.

Next time the bone yard will be filling up again.

It's been years since folks from town dropped off dogs out here thinking folks will look after them and i hope they don't start up again.

I have been chewed up by 2 dogs in my life that were not where they were supposed to be and have told myself that it would not happen again.