Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by memtb

Quote: “If all my shots were at extended ranges then I would re-consider the Berger.”

The key word being “all”! memtb

Yeah, kinda like the "Sierra Stalk" Find the elk and start running away until you get to the range where they will not blow up. Then shoot!

If you guys would learn holdovers or learn to dial and realize you don't need to shoot big Weatherby type cartridges at things real fast, you'd be real surprised how bullets behave, like Berger's, BTs, Hornady HPBT, amidst many others. There's something to mid range MV and higher BC's I assure you. That should get the anti-Berger/anti-Creedmore crowd riled up.

But then you may not be able to buddy brag about your big guns any longer...grin...

Or you can use Long range accubonds or Barnes LRX and not have to worry about your ultra hyper speeds. This is another way to look at it. I have worked up loads with Bergers before but they never produced any groups I could not reproduce with LRX or accubonds or cutting edge for that matter. Life is too short and rifles are way too many to worry about the performance of a Berger or any sub-par bullet (in my eyes).
On the other hand yes I have taken antelope with my 416 Bee at over 450 yards with the 330 GS Custom HV. For me that is fun. Not for everyone mind you, but I find it personally rewarding.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""