Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by GregW

Honestly, I've killed stuff with TSX, TTSX, and even Accubonds. The Barnes is always a poor blood trail if any at all, but they exit, and a giant chase with perfect shots. No more. Others swear by them.

Ha! I was just discussing how overrated barnes' are with a guy at work today.
I've slowly become a fan of the .224" 62 grain TSX after a rocky start, but that's about it.

Not sure how to say it politely, but both of y’all are full of bovine dung (How’s that?)

I gotta agree with Greg. Barnes bullets unless driven at warp speed aren’t worth Dung and then they still aren’t that impressive. Much rather shoot a Hammer bullet for Monos AKA a copper Berger style bullet.

Not sure of exactly what “warp speed” is, but have had extremely good success (dating back to the original X bullet of the early ‘90’s) with TSX’s with a muzzle velocity of 2900 FPS. Mine in particular had low BC’s.....but somehow managed to kill very effectively to 400 yards and a bit beyond! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024