Originally Posted by Judman
I could care less if a bullet exits either, as long as it’s chest cavity is full of raspberry gelato...

That they can do.

Especially if you drive light for caliber Bergers fast.

I'm thinking heavier Bergers, not as fast.

I have 156 EOL's headed my way to try in my Creed, Swede, 6.5-284 and 26 Nos. Those heavy Bergers at 2,700-2,750 or so out of the Creed should be interesting. Berger data shows 2,800, but that looks a bit ambitious to me with Horn max at 2,650 or so. The Nos can push them 3,100, which may not be needed. This Berger data, not yet published, is given out over the phone. They admit it's QL generated, not pressure tested. QL data isn't the gospel, just a ball park. So, I'll not push that envelope.

I've run these loads thru the Hornady Ballistic calculator and with these very high B.C. bullets, the extra velocity doesn't make as much difference as I would have thought. And, I'm a hunter, not a LR target shooter, but is nice to be able to take a long shot when the opportunity presents. And, being prepared is a Loony thing. I can twist the Creed to 500 or so just as easily as the 26 Nos, and burn half the powder. And, we don't have a lot of wind like some areas, so those bullets don't need to be moving at 3,100 fps for what I'm doing.

My current thinking on the subject. As a Loony, current thinking is always subject to change...

It doesn't take a lot to entertain a Loony.... grin

DF