Bergers are good game bullets, have been shown to perform.

They do tend to be a big expansive, especially when pushed fast. I've seen lots of fragmentation, even multiple exit wounds, chest turned to soup. Someone mentioned that the Scenar with an equally thin jacket, didn't break up as bad. I think Scenars may have a harder lead core. Although I did blow up a WT chest with a 90 gr. Scenar out of a .240 Wby at 3,350 fps. Never again. So, the bullet has to be matched to the velocity for optimal terminal performance.
When I started working up loads for my then new 26 Nosler, I noticed Berger data for the 140 VLDH was topping out at 3,200 fps. I called a tech, told him I could push their 140's WAY faster than that. He said they didn't recommend shooting that bullet faster than 3,200 fps, said to use the target version which has a heavier jacket. I swapped to mono's for that gun. 120 TTSX and or E-Tip at 3,450 to 3,500 fps do mess up meat, and are accurate.

I'm now gonna try the Berger 156 EOL at around 3K fps in the 26 Nos. Going heavier and slower should make a difference. BTW, I got load data for the 156 EOL from a Berger tech last week. They won't publish it, but will give it out over the phone. I got data for the Creed, Swede, 6.5-284 and 26 Nosler. I wrote it down, plan to take it to the office tomorrow, get the girls to scan it.

I haven't used the 6.5-284 or 26 Nos lately, have been off chasing other projects. BTW, the 156 EOL data for the Creed is a good bit faster than the Swede. I may start Creed data in the Swede (mine is an FN action with Shilen barrel), should be as strong as the 700 and should be able to run at modern pressures. That one could be interesting.

The 156 EOL may change the game for me on Berger hunting bullets. It should be a great LR load. Check out the B.C. on that one...

DF