Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by beretzs
I have ever taken anything with a Berger. I have shot a bunch of them into paper, but never have I personally put one into an animal. My brother and I are dipping our toes in it a little this year with the 215 Berger in his 300 Win Mag and I with a 150 Berger in a 270 Winchester. We're hoping with the starting speeds of right around 2900 they act right, cause they are both accurate as heck out of our rifles. Used the 220 Scenars out of a RUM last year and got to see them smack down a couple of deer, that opened my eyes a little bit.

Meat damage isn't a huge thing for us, we don't target front legs mostly and if we do hit one, I haven't seen any bullet that'll let you eat up to the bullet hole, well, maybe the 405's out of a 45-70.

Have seen a number of big game animals taken with Hunting VLDs where you had to part the hair to find the entrance hole--which looked like it was poked by a knitting needle.

I believe you, doesn't much matter to me as long as it upsets and destroys lungs/heart. From all I have read the 215 Berger is a beast of a bullet, plus, anything 215 grains is going to leave a mark I'd think. The 220 Scenar was about as normal an exit as I've seen from a Partition/Accubond as anything else. Started at 3050 from the RUM I expected more destruction but it just left dead deer in it's wake.

Semper Fi