I will not go a by of all those internet reports of them blowing up and not penetrating yada yada yada. Maybe it's a fact maybe it's not I was not there to see it. I will tell you what I know from personal or personally witnessed experience.

Honestly I personally have used them 2 times. Both on antelope one at 277 yards 140 vld from my 264 Win Mag and one at 349 from my 300 rum. That was at 215 vld. Both did OK but way too much bullet destruction. Meaning hardly any bullet was left only shrapnel. Another one I saw was a 168 vld from a 7mm rum hit a big mule deer buck in the shoulder at 360 yards and failed to penetrate into the vitals.

Now. Did I get my antelope? Absolutely. Did my friend get his mulie? Absolutely, after another shot where it did work as promised. Would I use a berger on elk? No I would not. Now that said I digress to what I said before. Way too many guns for me for multiple loads. 95 percent of my guns use the ttsx or lrx. I try to keep my components as few as possible I get great accuracy and I can shoot mice to moose. Nosler accubond and partitions work quite nicely as well.
Again I never said they are crap. I said they are not for me.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""