Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by GregW
I've had super success and performance from Berger's in the past 5 years and I've gone to using them exclusively from javelina to elk. I generally run them heavy for caliber with MV's no more than 2900 (other than my dedicated long range deer rifle).

Super duper accuracy, great BC, great animal reaction, minimal to no tracking, and I usually get exits or partial jacket exits too, even on elk. I'm a fan.

I think my man GregW has hit the nail on the head, yet again. I trust his word because he is a killing machine in those mountains, and he does so modestly. Most here don't know the high quality animals he kills and guides others to. My hat's off to the guy. If he told me I could go to the bank with a 140 VLD something, then that would be all I need to know.

Now, I experiment a lot, an awful lot culling medium sized game, and/or hogs. I can tell you what a guy DOES NOT want to do very often........and that is run a 168gr VLDH at 3050 and shoot a modest sized whietail at 100 yds.........notice impact was BEHIND the shoulder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very lethal, and essential for those that just want to kill, but not eat the animal they have shot! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024