Jeffo never took a math or science class in his life hence the stupidity and incoherent rants

Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Hatari you are totally wrong, some times they hit the strongest targets first, like the Spanish Flu did in 1918/1919. When the Spanish flu

hit my state it hit twice just like we have been told in my Moms small town 6 young people died in 1918, most in there 20,s the strongest

people died first. in 1919 it came back and killed 13 in the same small town. 5 were my uncles including my mom,s father who was 22 years

old, the other 4 were all in there 20,s prime of life. You need to get an education, because you do not know what you are talking about.

I know you don't really understand this immunology stuff very well, but let me help you.

They were NOT the strongest targets! They may have been young and fit, but their immune systems were not as "strong" or resistant.

Why do you think that the Spanish flu hit the younger population harder than the older in 1918-19? "Hmmm, I don't know Doc, probably because Trump lied and you voted for a liar in 2016?"

No, wrong answer.

The more likely answer is that the older population was exposed to the same or very similar strain of influenza some decades before 1918. Given the demographics that you are reporting, I'd say in the early 1890s or or 1880s. That segment of the population had immune resistance to the virus that generation not yet born never developed. Hence, the under 30 crowd had no immunity but the over 30 crowd had some. That makes the younger generation WEAKER from an immune stand point. The virus does find the weaker targets first.

Let's go a little further. Why was there really no outbreak for H1N1 in the US until the mid 1970s? "Hmmm, I don't know" says GunTruck. "Because of Russian collusion?"

No, sorry, wrong again. It is because not only the US but the World developed herd immunity from H1N1 in 1918-19. The generation alive during that outbreak had an immunity, and it wasn't until they had largely died off that the "Spanish Flu" returned. It was also the reason medicine was concerned about another pandemic. It would have had the same pattern. Younger people who had no immunity would get it, older people would fare better because they survived 1918-19.

Can you guess why we went 90 years between 1919 and 2009 without a H1N1 pandemic? Yes, all the people alive in 1919 were pretty much gone. The virus came back and had all fresh targets.

So Mr. GunTruck, Doc Hatari is not "totally wrong". However, I forgive your ignorance in this situation. I don't expect to have understood this before hand. BUT, I THINK I'LL TURN YOUR OWN QUOTE AROUND ON YOU:

Originally Posted by GunTruck50

you are totally wrong,.... You need to get an education, because you do not know what you are talking about.