Originally Posted by GunTruck50

I checked I was off a little one child died to 3 adults worst case I could find.. Others said the no. of Children dieing was less. .

You checked? With whom, Karen on Facebook again? How about we do quick look at the CDC site

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. .....................
Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/1918-pandemic-history.htm#:~:text=The%201918%20influenza%20pandemic%20was%20the%20most%20severe,first%20identified%20in%20military%20personnel%20in%20spring%201918.

Remember when I told that there was likely another flu epidemic at the end of the 19th Century to explain this?

1889–90 flu pandemic. Dubbed the "Russian pandemic". Attack rates are reported in 408 geographic entities from 14 European countries and in the United States. Rapidly spreading, the pandemic would take only 4 months to circumnavigate the planet, reaching the United States 70 days after the original outbreak in Saint Petersburg.[35] Taubenberger, J.K.; Morens, D.M. (2009). "Pandemic influenza – including a risk assessment of H5N1". Rev Sci Tech. 28 (1): 187–202. doi:10.20506/rst.28.1.1879. PMC 2720801. PMID 19618626.

The first case on American soil was reported on 18 December 1889.[9] It then quickly spread throughout the East Coast and all the way to Chicago and Kansas in days.[9] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1889–1890_flu_pandemic

Nobody denies that the 1918 Spanish flu hit the 20-40 hard. You just don't understand and/or refuse to acknowledge other factors theat are involved in the transmission and progress of disease.

Why would 20-30 year olds get hit hard by the disease? Gee, what is the age of combat soldiers? Hmm 18-30. Do they live in crowded conditions? "Gee, I dunno" you say. Do you think army barracks, transport ships and nasty trenches qualify? How do conditions like incredible physical exhaustion, poor nutrition, maximum mental stress contribute to the stats?
"Gee, I dunno. I don't wanna talk about those things. I just wanna troll."

What about the fact that people alive during the 1889 pandemic of Russian flu had a better survival rate than those who were not alive then?
Can you draw any conclusions from that? You see, I was able to deduce that there must have been some flu outbreak during that timeframe when I wrote my first response to you. That makes immunological sense. Afterwords, I looked for the evidence, and there it is. I don't expect you to understand, but I feel bad that you are such a Dunning-Kruger.

Originally Posted by hatari

(from earlier post)
They were NOT the strongest targets! They may have been young and fit, but their immune systems were not as "strong" or resistant.

Why do you think that the Spanish flu hit the younger population harder than the older in 1918-19? "Hmmm, I don't know Doc, probably because Trump lied and you voted for a liar in 2016?"

No, wrong answer.

The more likely answer is that the older population was exposed to the same or very similar strain of influenza some decades before 1918. Given the demographics that you are reporting, I'd say in the early 1890s or or 1880s. That segment of the population had immune resistance to the virus that generation not yet born never developed. Hence, the under 30 crowd had no immunity but the over 30 crowd had some. That makes the younger generation WEAKER from an immune stand point. The virus does find the weaker targets first.

Even a dude who loads trucks for a living should be able to understand that living in a trench or an army base or crowded onto a a transport ship for 3 weeks is conducive to spreading disease. (I might add that army ife in 1918 was not the same as what you may have experienced in afghanistan, btw). Even a non medical person (you) should understand that life during war (make that early 20th century trench war) is hard on a healthy body and devastating on a diseased person. So why did it hit those in their 20s so hard? Statistically, there were millions of soldiers this age spreading it around, living in filth, sleeping in the open, living in rain, cold, crowded conditions with poor nutition and maximum physical and mental stress. Those conditions are ideal to kill people. That will skue the stats from a peacetime outbreak.

Then go back to what I wrote a few pages ago. The over 30 crowd was around for the 1889 Russia Flu. While we can't prove it, it is speculated that people alive during that period may have developed an immune response that helped them in 1918. Can you grasp all that now?

If not, I'll use your own words against you

Originally Posted by GunTruck50

you are totally wrong,.... You need to get an education, because you do not know what you are talking about.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo