As a resident of Wyoming , I can tell you that the trespass issue has far greater depth to it. There is lots of land inaccessible for many reasons. State land trust land is a big one because of private concerns. Mark Gordon ( Governor) owns a ranch that has a huge amount of inaccessible State land behind it. He and his neighbors are not going to willing open the door to it. Ranch owners here are not the least concerned with hunter access, they are concerned with what they view as theirs, for free. Corner jumping and such are just ways to limit access , until a case comes to court and a ruling is won in favor of the hunter, this will continue. The game and Fish and local law enforcement just go along with it because they always have. I used to be a Surveyor, and I can tell you from experience that the borders between public owned and private land are ALWAYS shady at best. The fences are run for benefit of the private and never the public. I have run property line surveys around land and if it did not agree with the private, all marking would vanish over night. Its frustrating to mark a section of land and have your boss question what they heck you did all day.......

Last edited by wyoming260; 12/01/21.