Originally Posted by brinky72
I get private property rights and how private property owners get pissed when their land is trashed by jack asses that don’t respect their property. But when they land lock parcels of land intentionally or limit access due to piss poor state land management and take advantage of it such as the checker boarding out west that pisses me off. As someone who depends on public land access to hunt that flat out sucks and I shouldn’t have to pay a “trespass fee” to access public land. Public land is all of ours to enjoy via Pittman-Robertson and Dingell Johnson. Those who landlock public land and don’t allow access should be taxed accordingly for the property they are locking up.

I think if someone has to use a road through private land to access public land, get an easement or stay off the private. But for the life of me I can't see why corner crossing by a person on foot is illegal if two pieces of public land join corner to corner. I personally would not consider it tresspassing if you have to momentarily swing a leg over private land.