Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Seems to be a couple of misconceptions rumbling thru here.
1. The ranches that have the bam, forest service, or school trust lands within the boundary of their private lands, do not get it for free. They pay leases to the controlling agencies, and maintain the land at their own expense. It ain't free.
2 . Many of these "landlocked" parcels and the trouble getting access to them stems more from either large money operations owning the "ranch" for their own little private hunting/fishing retreats, and often times the big kerfuffle on trespass stems from an outfitter that has leased the hunting rights on the private land.

Probably not many folks with enough gray hair around here to remember back when the Safari Club used to lease ranches, and post everything, and block roads...

I’m well aware that ranches pay for the leases of OUR public lands and while I agree that they do maintain that land they also use it to hopefully make a profit every year. This I have no problem with. When they treat it like it’s “their” land and don’t want any of the public to use it that’s what gets me.
Also regarding the “landlocked” parcels I understand how many of these came to be and don’t have really have a problem with it. If a parcel of public touches another parcel of public at a designated corner I don’t understand why public access is an issue.

Snivel and whine all you want. There is a bonded and legal agreement to the possession of the right to lease public land for agricultural use. Too bad you don't like it, but that is just the way it is. Stay off or go buy or lease your own damn land and then you can let everyone on for a big picnic.

Surface Leasing

B. Procedure for Leasing the Surface of Trust Lands

viii. Additional considerations
(i.) Posting against trespassers
“Any leaseholder of sixteenth section land, or land granted in lieu thereof, shall be authorized to
post such land against trespassers; provided that such posting shall not prohibit the inspection of
said lands by individuals responsible for the management or supervision thereof acting in their
official capacity.” Miss. Code Ann. Section 29-3-54.

No sniveling or whining from me. I’ll continue to hunt Wyoming as often as I can draw and legally access all the public lands I can.