Originally Posted by sherm_61
So is Wyoming BHA comely independent ot the mother chapter or just this specific corner crossing case.
None of the fund raising you do goes to the mother chapter.

Depends on the fund raising.

For this case, BHA both the WY Chapter and National are receiving nothing for the corner crossing case. Like I said, 100% of the funds are going to defend the 4 hunters any balance remaining will go to the WYGF Department via an AccessYes donation.

We also received a GF Commission license from Commissioner Gay Lynn Byrd last year, we raised $47K with that tag through a raffle, which IIRC, was the most money ever raised via a single commission tag. We used 100% of that money for a perpetual easement to public lands on the Southwest side of Raymond Mountain in Lincoln County Wyoming, specifically into Groo Canyon. I have worked on Raymond Mountain for my day job, and access was a nightmare...that easement was crucial for public access to the Raymond Mountain WSA. Investing in perpetual easements for public land access is definitely a high priority for the Wyoming Chapter.

Of course the AccesYes program has always been another high priority of WY Chapter funds, even though the walk in and HMA participants come and go from the program, and its not perpetual, it opens up a ton of private land access to hunting and fishing for Sportsmen, (about 4 acres per dollar spent) and provides compensation to the private landowner participants. Great program and my wife and I are in the top few individual donors to AccessYes.

For other events, we have an MOU with national on splits for fund raising and membership dues are split with national as well.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/02/21.