Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Oh, and ownership of the space above your land in Wyoming is Wyoming Statute 10-4-302. The legislature made it 100% clear who owns that airspace (it's whoever owns the ground), and as soon as you enter it and it's posted, that's trespassing.

That's civil trespass and for that to be the case, the landowner has to prove damage to their property.

What "damage" would be assessed for momentarily passing through "air space" while stepping from one piece of public land to another? Answer? ZERO.

Same as me waving my hand over your lawn...and every attorney I've talked to says the same thing, there is no damage for a civil suit to apply.

I'm also curious why its not considered trespassing via air space violation to float every water way in Wyoming when the land under the rivers is owned by the private land owners? Does the water end their right to the air above it?

There's no clear statute and why I believe this case never sees a courtroom...and even if it does, common sense tells me there is no criminal or civil trespass case that's going to hold up for stepping from one piece of public to another.