Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Not a lawyer by any means but I read that as dismissal would stem from not enough whatever to bring a proveable case to trial.
I guess acquittal would stem from charges ,trial happens , but prosecution loses. Therefore defendent Acquitted.

Someone help me out here….

The grounds for dismissal (according to defense attorney) is Federal law trumps state law. His lawyer is saying it never should had been prosecuted.

“Federal law prohibits any person or group of persons from preventing Mr. Yeomans, his friends, or others from freely passing through public lands,” the motion for dismissal states. “Consequently, private landowners cannot prevent or obstruct free passage from one section of public land to another by claiming that the common corner where two private sections of land and two public sections of land meet is their exclusive property, land, or premises.

“Accordingly, the State of Wyoming cannot prosecute Mr. Yeomans or any other person for criminal trespass when Mr. Yeomans or another person travels from one section of public land to another section of public land at a common corner with two sections of private land,” the motion reads.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....